2018 Winner of the
Siouxland’s Choice Award
For tax services!!
Thank you all for your support.
We now have two locations!! 2015 Indian Hills in Sioux City and 221 East Main Street in Cherokee.
Many new changes for this year so please look around on our website for things that are new so you can come to your appointment properly prepared.
New due diligence requirements for
Head of Household.
Maximize your Deductions and
*WIN $100 Gift Card*
To qualify, simply come to your appointment properly prepared!
Click here to find our appointment and personal deduction checklist.
As usual with tax season coming we wanted to send out a few reminders and updates.Please read carefully to be prepared for your appointment. IRS E-file opens Jan 28th.
Attention!!! In an attempt to reduce ID Theft…..New Documentation now REQUIRED by IRS
If you will be claiming the Child Tax Credit (most everyone with children under 17), the Earned Income Credit, or are claiming the American Opportunity Credit for paying college tuition for yourself or your dependent, You MUST bring the following to your appointment. Per IRS new rules We ABSOLUTELY CAN NOT file your tax return without the following:
- Driver’s License and Social Security Cards
- For all Children bring SS cards
- If receiving EITC – proof that children reside with you (something with their name and YOUR address from school, medical provider, employer, daycare, etc)
- If EITC and self-employed – receipts of income & expense
- If claiming college expenses— Form 1098T from college AND
- Detailed Account Summary from college showing expenses actually paid (you can usually access this from students online account. Please have printed and bring with you. Do not wait to attempt for the first time to log on and view it from our office- this takes up valuable time during your appointment.
- If student received scholarships – bring details of eligible expenses that can be paid for with the funds.
- If claiming child that doesn’t live with you will need a signed form 8332 from the custodial parent. (you can find one to download and print on our website at apssiouxland.com.)
Delayed Refunds…. Additionally, to curb ID theft and tax fraud by people attempting to illegally claim these large tax credits the IRS will be doing some upfront computer matching on these returns BEFORE they send refunds. Expect direct deposit funding the following 7-14 days (21 for mail) unless other issues exist. AND they will now be matching names on bank accounts. You may no longer have someone else’s refund deposited into your bank account. If you do not have a bank account your options are a check in the mail or refund to a visa card.
If you typically mail/fax us your information you can now upload your documents to our secure portal at http://andersonps.securefilepro.com. Please call the office for log on instructions.
If you are unable to keep your appointment please give us 24 hour notice to avoid an $85 missed appointment fee. Unfortunately our time is very limited during tax season; we send this letter to help you properly prepare for your appointment. If we are unable to complete your return during your appointment because you were improperly prepared we will have to charge for the follow-up appointment.